Colleen Grassnick is an experienced Naturopath who uses evidence-based herbal and nutritional medicine, as well as dietary and lifestyle modifications to bring the body back to balanced health. Always looking for solutions, Colleen is passionate about finding the root cause of disease, removing the disease-contributing factors and guiding the body through its natural healing processes.
Colleen was born in Germany and lived abroad for most of her life in six different countries. Before moving to Corfu in 2015, she lived in Sydney, Australia for 8 years, where she completed a 4-year Bachelor of Naturopathy, which included Herbal Medicine, Nutritional Medicine, Homeopathy, Remedial Massage, Bach Flower Essences and Iridology. Apart from the in depth training in the college and at the student clinic, Colleen worked at health food stores through out her studies, where she had access to the most recently researched herbal and nutritional products and helped countless people achieve their optimal health outcomes. After successfully graduating, Colleen additionally started her own business at a natural health clinic and had a growing clientele for a number of years.
Before becoming a naturopath, Colleen completed a 3-year Bachelor of Natural Sciences and Liberal Arts in Utrecht, the Netherlands. This degree included extensive cellular biology, bio chemistry, developmental biology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, diagnostic training and qualified her to study medicine to become a doctor. However, her heart and mind were determined to empower people to heal themselves naturally with evidence based products and methods that Mother Earth has provided us with. Colleen cultivates knowledge and awareness of the body’s mechanisms to help people understand and embrace their uniqueness. Occasionally, she works with pathologists and specialists to ensure the best outcome for her clients.
Health conditions that Colleen has experience treating include:
- Stress, anxiety, depression and burnout syndrome.
- Irritable bowel syndrome, parasites, candida, microbial dysbiosis.
- Fatty liver, coeliac disease, weak digestion, gastritis, digestive ulcers, helicobacter pylori, etc.
- Genetic polymorphisms of MTHFR and Pyroluria.
- Fertility and prenatal care for men and women, and post natal depression.
- Autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, endometriosis.
- Hormonal imbalances including premenstrual syndrome (PMS), poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), menopause, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido.
- Cardiovascular disease including elevated and poorly balanced cholesterol levels, arrhythmias, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, atherosclerosis.
- Acne, rosacea, rash, fungal and bacterial infection of the skin, dermatitis.
- Allergies including eczema, hay fever, food allergies and sensitivities.
- Early childhood development, ADHD, ADD, failure to thrive, behavioural difficulties.
- Autism, schizophrenia, bipolar.
- Bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, influenza, glandular fever.
- Weight loss, support for athletes.
Arillas has many nurturing activities aimied at health and well-being. Colleen runs workshops including:
Make your own:
- Herbal medicine – Collect and manufacture the herb and take home a medicinal tincture.
- Natural sun screen – Create a safe, protective cream for you and your family.
- Sauerkraut and kombucha – Learn about the health benefits of fermented foods, make a batch and take some home.
- Herbal walking tours – Trek the stunning landscape and learn about the edible and medicinal plants of the area.
- Seminars on topics such as fertility, auto-immune conditions, digestive health and burn out syndrome will be announced soon.
Naturopathy – a method of treating disease with natural agents such as herbs, nutrients and diet to stimulate the natural healing pathways of the body.